Sunday, December 12, 2010

Glenwood Springs, CO

We made the rounds through the northern section of the Canyonlands, and called BS on the meteorite theory about upheaval dome. If anyone is actually interested in this, I'll rant at great length on a 1-on-1 basis. I talked to a woman about living in the truck and about some of the things we've learned while Riley ate some snow. After about 4 hours, we got kind of canyoned out, so we drove back to Moab for a resupply. I got 2 bags of chips, 2 tubs of salsa, 1 bag of bagels, and 1 tup of cream cheese. I had about 6 High Life long-necks left (you gotta' drink it to live it), and I filled up for $2.65/g. We drove up the river to I-70, and headed east to Grand Junction, CO. We used the Mcwifi, and ate some Taco John's. We went to Walmart, and tried to watch Cannonball, but it was a bad rip, so we settled for The Getaway with Steve McQueen and Ali MacGraw. It was very good. I ended up staying up till 5 playing games, and George called at 6:45. I called him back in the morning (daylight), and hes having a party for Christmas. It sounds like a blast.

We cleaned out the truck, and drove about an hour and a half to Glenwood Springs, and checked out the town. Paddler Magazine rated it as one of the coolest town in America, so we looked at the possibility of moving here for a season. The Walmart's floorplan is screwy, and has doors on both ends of the store, the beer selection sucks, and its not 24 hour. The Mcdonalds Filet'O'Fish is $3.29, and their McChicken is the Hot'n'Spicy one. I don't know if they have bagels. The liquor store is a tad pricey, but the selection and the service is wonderful. There is a Taco Bell, a KFC, a Pizza Hut, and a Subway. There is a naturally hot pool, caves, rivers, horseback riding, biking, Mexican and Chinese restaurants, lots of parks, and a few grocery stores. The gas price is a tad high, but not extreme. I like this place. There is a Toyota dealership and a plethora of nice restaurant, and rafting job opportunities. The summers are 80 to 90 degrees and the winters are mild. I will be back. We have a 3.5 hour burn tomorrow, and maybe we'll see Lauren's friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment