Thursday, December 2, 2010

Flagstaff, AZ

We went to see Lauren's Cousin in Tucson, and she stays in a huge house with a full basketball court, hot tub with a water slide, miniature golf, pool table, guest house, and many ammenities. We stayed in the gueshouse and took showers. It was a pueblo style house, and I liked the statue of Saint Francis out front. The next day, we followed Christina to her father's (Lauren' uncle (Lauren's mother's brother's (Billy's))) house. It was cool. He sells Amsoil, and he offered me a free bypass filter kit. It was an older kit, but I spent a day or two putting it on. He has a great yard with plenty of vehicles to check out. It was nice to be able to hang around outside and piddle around with the truck. Billy was very hospitable.
Billy has a son named Billy Jr. and he is a pistol. We played Lego Starwars, and he stomped me at it. Lauren caught up on some of her blogging, and I did a little cooking. We met little Billy's mother, Joselyn (*sp?), and she is very nice also.
We have to be at this ski resort in Colorado by the 17th, so we had to leave. It'll be fun to come back some time. We headed up to some small town on the way to the Petrified Forest, and slept at Walmart.
In the morning we did some shopping, and I was able to find a 30 pack of Ice. I forgot to get gas though, so I had to drive past the forest to a Farr's. When I finally filled up, the truck took 12.6 gallons. My manual states my capacity as 12. We took some deep breaths and went into the park. I really enjoyed kicking around, and Lauren took pictures of every single rock. The visitor center was empty so we got a live presentation all to ourselves. The ranger gave us the canned "don't take the rocks" speach, and I tried to reassure her by reminding her that we'll still have fiber glass dinosaurs after all the rocks are stolen. We went out of the park and headed to a Sonic for tots. Lauren then thought that when that ranger was explaining how the trees were petrified, she could have said they just needed tp scare them. Clever. We went west toward Flagstaff, and we're using some internet before crashing for the evening. The Grand Canyon is only about 80 miles north, and we have 15 days to make it to Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment