Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yellowstone, WY

I woke up early, made coffee, and decided to take the dog for a walk, I took my computer up to the lodge patio, and checked a few maps. I walked down a small trail behind the lodge and took a few pictures as I finished my coffee. I came back and Lauren went to fill a few water bottles and go to the bathroom. We were probably on the road by 10:30. We cruised into Yellowstone and checked out the first basin full of geysers and springs. They are bizzare. We proceded on towards Old Faithful, and arrived at about 2:30.
We got there just in time to see it erupt, then we walked downa trail and saw many other features. I went off a little bit on a few people giving me trouble for having a dog, but, thats fine; I educated them. We backtracked a few times to be able to catch Grand Geyser (and company) at 5ish, Castle at about 5:15, Grotto around 6, and finally Riverside at 7:55.
We walked al the way to the far end of the trail again and waited forever for Riverside. It was dark and cold by the time we got back. Riley was exhausted after "working" (wearing his service dog vest) all day. We got back around 8:30. I didn't plan to stay out after dark when I left the truck at 2ish with no water and just a t-shirt, so the Wonderland building was a welcome sight.
Its a huge lodgewood building, several stories tall, with bars, shops, and a restaurant. We went the 2nd floor and Lauren waited for me to go get the truck and make dinner. I heated up some Chinese out front and came back in to drink a beer, listened to the live piano, and take my shoes off. (And blog). But, I'm not burning up all my battery on this so, more to follow..  (typed 10pm mst 9-17-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment