Friday, August 20, 2010

Lauren's Aunt's House

After some forceful negotiation, I managed to replace the lock on my topper. I had to get new bolts at a local hardware store. They had shoplifting warnings everywhere, even life-sized cut-outs of police officers in all the isles. They had to go into the back room for my bolts, but the woman said they were only 43 cents, I could just have them. We pretty much wasted the rest of the day, until Linda came home and made dinner. In the morning we gathered some things and headed toward the city. We walked about 5 blocks to where I thought a shoe store was to sew Riley's service dog patch on, but we didn't see it. We caught the train into Penn Station and walked up to Times Square. Lauren got a blue M golf ball at the M&M's store, then we headed up to meet her cousin Joe. He gave us a tour of the studio where they master albums. We walked around the aircraft carrier Interepid, and met back up for some German food. It was a little pricey, but it was amazing. I have to learn how to make herring like that. After lunch we headed toward Tom's Restaurant form Seinfeld, but it was several blocks, so Lauren waited for me in Central Park. I had an apple and a brown bag, and I came back to meet her. We went into the subway, but the trains were down, so we walked down one station. We sat on one for about 30 minutes, but when it finally left, it went the wrong way. we got turned around and checked out ground zero. We were going to Ellis Island, but it got to be too late. I got a PBR, and Lauren's knees were hurting, so we headed toward the house. This morning, I picked up my new camera at Best Buy, and played with it for a while. I got a message from Joe (Hamsher) saying he got a tattoo, but thats all the info I have. We went to a diner with Jayne (Linda's cousin), and it was very good. Linda asked if we wanted to stay for another week so we could watch her dog, Froto, when she went out of town, and we said that would be fine. I'm exhausted, so I'm going to stop before I make any more typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment